Looking for some legit work from home jobs? We’ve rounded up some legitimate work from home jobs!
Looking to work from the comfort of your own home?
Remote work has become more popular in recent times. Let’s face it, though. Sometimes, it’s a little difficult to find legitimate work-from-home jobs. Whether you’re looking for easy work from home jobs or part time work from home jobs, we’ve done some research!
If you’re in the position of a new remote career change, we’ve found 13 legit work from home jobs and one bonus for some extra pocket cash! Plus, who doesn’t want to avoid five o’clock traffic and save some gas money?
Here are some legitimate work from home jobs to apply for:
1. Help those learning your skills and become an online tutor.
If you love your field and want to share your knowledge while working from home and earning extra money, you’ll love being an online tutor. Usually, it’s required to have at least a bachelor’s degree to become a tutor. Sometimes, you even need to be a teacher. Either way, you’ll probably need to take a subject expertise test to prove you’re qualified.
You can help students of all ages—from K-12 to college to adult learners—gain a better understanding of your favorite subjects while keeping your skills sharp. Plus, there are likely no fees or costs associated with applying to become a tutor with most resources!
Here are places you can apply to be a remote tutor:
- Tutor.com supports students in both K-12 and college using fully remote, interactive online classrooms. You log on when you’re available, and there’s no invoice needed for the payment. You’ll need a bachelor’s degree and will take a subject matter expertise test.
- Brainfuse is another great remote option. You aren’t required to show your face on camera, which is great for those who are camera shy. You do, however, need at least a bachelor’s degree. It’s not required, but, it’s a huge advantage if you’ve been a tutor or even an educator in the past. They job pays $15-$25 an hour. To apply, visit their website and send over an email.
- TutorMe is great for college students looking to make some extra money (and those with a bachelor’s degree). The pay starts at $16/hour, and it’s geared at test prep as well as individuals specialized in one specific field.
- Study Pool offers the perfect way for new professionals to garner some valuable experience in a low-stress area. You aid students on specific projects or tasks instead of an entire course.
2. Travel agents can work from anywhere they’d like!
If you enjoy traveling and being organized, you’re already on your way to becoming a travel agent! You don’t need any kind of degree to become a travel agent, but vacation planning can be stressful! Make sure you thrive under pressure. It’s also helpful to pick a niche. Whether it’s Europe, small beach towns, or Disney, You can focus on any area of the world!
You can do this by either being part of an agency or working independently. For now, we’re listing options that are part of an agency or company, but you can learn more about working independently as a travel agent from this helpful Travel Planners International article.
Here are places you can browse to kick off your travel agent career:
- Browse on FlexJobs. It exclusively showcases remote positions, and the travel section has hundreds of options.
- Virtual Vocations also lists remote positions and is helpfully categorized. The travel section lists opportunities that are all fully remote. These jobs typically expect about 2 years of travel agent experience and a cover letter.
- Hopper is a travel company that offers the best rates on hotels, flights, car rentals, and more. They have hundreds of remote travel-related positions, including becoming an agent. They offer a training program for all their travel agent hires, too!
3. Become a customer service representative!
Customer service representatives are highly in-demand positions. You don’t need a college education, and as long as you have a computer and some people skills, you’re most likely eligible. Occasionally, companies might even supply you with equipment. They usually also include benefits.
Pretty much every major (and minor) company needs customer service representatives. Lucky for us, the majority of these positions are from the comfort of your own home! Whether you’re a great people person or looking for an introductory position at a big company, this is a great work-from-home opportunity for the right people.
Here are places you can find remote customer service positions:
- Search on Indeed as normal and change the location to “Remote”. Try to avoid jobs that have been posted for long periods of time.
- Look directly at major companies’ job boards. Brands including Apple, Amazon, Hilton, and Spectrum are just a few looking to hire remote customer service representatives.
- LinkedIn also has a “Remote” location, but note it is not as good at filtering actual remote positions as Indeed.
4. Showcase your skills and freelance gigs online!
Whether you’re a graphic designer, writer, or content creator, you should be taking advantage of freelancing! This can be a side hustle or even a full-time position if you work consistently enough. You’ll have to seek out a few gigs yourself, and hopefully building those connections will lead you to clients coming to you!
The easiest way to be introduced to freelancing is by using sites like Upwork or Fiverr, but note that these sites will take a portion of your earnings.
Here are places you can find freelance opportunities:
- Upwork provides both work opportunities and talent options for pretty much every creative field. It does take a small portion of the pay, but it’s definitely a great resource for freelance work.
- Fiverr is another amazing resource for freelancers of any kind. They categorize different areas of creativity, so you can easily browse opportunities in your area of expertise. Your payments are always protected and there is 24/7 support available if something arises.
5. Become a virtual assistant from the comfort of your home!
As a virtual assistant, you’ll be in charge of a company’s day-to-day scheduling. This is usually a part-time position but can be full-time as well. Typically, you don’t need a college degree, but you may need some management experience.
Here are places you can find remote customer service positions:
- Indeed shows thousands of remote virtual assistants positions in addition to how quickly the job listings respond, payment, and how often you’re expected to work.
- LinkedIn is another great resource to find thousands of virtual assistant opportunities. Since it’s also a social platform, you can browse how large a company is and who works there if you seek some application or career advice!
- On top of offering countless reviews from employees and visual pay estimations, Glassdoor also offers an assortment of job positions that are easily filtered for your preference.
6. Many digital marketers can work remotely.
Digital marketers or sometimes known as social media marketing, are in charge of all things digital. This could include planning, creating, and posting social content, or delving into other areas like email and text marketing. This career can be accomplished with a degree or with valuable social media experience, even better if you have both.
Although some brands require you to work in the office, many allow you to work from home! It’s arguably the top field to get into if you’re looking for remote work. This is especially since all you really need is your phone.
Here are places you can find remote digital marketing opportunities:
- Companies like Meta, Squarespace, and more are constantly looking for remote social media marketing opportunities.
7. Virtual receptionists are always needed.
A virtual receptionist typically works from home, answering calls and transferring them to the correct department. If an employee is busy, the virtual receptionist can also take a message, make appointments, and do other similar responsibilities. You don’t need a college education for this, and it’s similar to the hospitality industry. Many job boards have plenty of listings for this type of work as they are legit work from home jobs
Here’s where to check virtual receptionist applications:
8. Becoming a full-time remote writer is an excellent legit work from home job.
Whether it’s a ghostwriter, copywriter, content writer, or staff writer, pretty much all of these above have tons of remote opportunities! It is not required to have an educational background, but many employers will have a preference for those who have a bachelor’s in English, Journalism, Communications, or a similar field. Regardless, the most important aspect is your skillset.
Pretty much every single brand and company you can think of off the top of your head needs a writer. You can also find additional work freelancing using the resources listed above.
Here are places you can find remote customer service positions:
- Look directly on major companies’ job boards. Brands including Buzzfeed, BKA Content, and Talent Inc. are just a few companies looking for remote writers.
9. If you’re into technology, become a programmer.
If you’re proficient in skills like coding and programming, a future in technology can be yours! This field has legit work from home jobs that have a lot of potential! You don’t need a college degree for this field. In fact, some people start right after high school. Here’s a good outline of the step-by-step process of getting involved in this industry.
Here are places you can find remote tech opportunities:
- As the name suggests, RemoteTechJobs.com shows all sorts of remote positions within the tech industry!
- Review the freelance options above as well to find individual opportunities!
10. The field of transcription offers legit work from home jobs.
Transcription does not pay a lot of money, so set your expectations accordingly. Even so, it can be a great side hustle or even full-time job for many. If you’re someone who likes to work alone or set your own hours, this might be a good gig for you.
You’ll need to hear well, know good grammar, and be able to type fast. Depending on the job, you will either need your own transcription software or the company will provide it for you.
You can find transcription jobs in the business, education, entertainment, legal, medical, and criminal justice fields. The work is almost always interesting and you’ll be listening to something different every day!
Here are places you can find remote transcription opportunities:
- Check Indeed for legit work from home transcription opportunities in the medical, legal, or criminal justice fields.
- Allegis Transcription offers a higher pay rate than many other transcription companies. Daily Transcription, TranscribeMe, GoTranscript, and GMR Transcription are other highly rated companies.
- Rev.com allows their freelancers to set their own hours, claim only the jobs that interest them, and get paid weekly. If you only have a little bit of time for transcription each week, this is a great opportunity. Head over to their website to apply.
- Check with the hospitals and medical practices in your area to see if they are hiring remote medical transcriptionists.
11. Are you bilingual? Snag a job as a remote interpreter or translator.
With several thousand languages being spoken around the world, there are always a plethora of interpreter and translation jobs available. If you’re bilingual or multilingual, put your skills to good use and snag one of these jobs.
You might need to prove your skills with a certification, like one from the American Translators Association or a special Medical Interpreters Certification. Or, you might just have to take a test from the hiring company. If you meet the qualifications, you’ll start to rake in the dough! Plus, you’ll be helping out others along the way!
Here are places to find remote translation or interpreter jobs:
- Both ZipRecruiter, Indeed, and FlexJobs all currently have plenty of remote job listings for interpreters or translators.
- AMN Healthcare has a plethora of legit work from home jobs available for medical interpreters.
12. Join the Hip family!
If you didn’t know, Hip2Save has always been 100% fully remote! This means all the deals, content, and posts are all written in the comfort of our own homes. We offer health benefits, PTO, and other amazing opportunities.
By all means, being remote does not affect the coworker experience! We are a tight-knit group here at Hip, and we’re all here for each other professionally and personally, arguably more than an in-person office. ❤️
To check out our open positions, visit our career website and see if you think we’d be a good fit for you!
Who else could use a little side hustle? 🙋♀️
Take some online surveys for extra pocket change!
There are small ways to earn some money, too! They won’t be enough to become a full-time job, but every penny counts, doesn’t it?
Here are some way you can collect extra spending money:
- Pinecone Research offers $3 for every survey filled out. When you sign up, you’ll start receiving surveys!
- Survey Junkie will reward your surveys with points, and those points can be redeemed for gift cards. Not the same as actual cash, but everything counts, right?
- Scan your receipts with Fetch and redeem points to get free gift cards! You might as well be rewarded for the shopping you do on a regular basis, right?
- Ibotta offers a series of cash-back offers from your favorite retailers so you’re rewarded while purchasing your daily items.
Clean out your closet and sell your clothes online!
Linked above, we have an entire post that’s a dedicated tutorial on how to get involved with selling your clothes (or really any items you no longer need). Considering you’re probably housing items you totally forgot about or haven’t touched in ages, selling clothes can literally be your next payday!
Here are some way you can collect extra pocket change:
- Poshmark allows you to set your prices, and you’re free to negotiate with offers that come in below asking. You’re totally in control of your items’ values!
- Depop is a favorite app to both shop and sell on! There are a ton of detailed categories including the brand, color, what occasion the item fits, who you want your target audience to be, and more.
- Facebook Marketplace allows you to sell your new or gently used goods. You can sell pretty much anything on Facebook Marketplace! It’s similar to Craiglist.
- eBay allows you to think outside the closet when it comes to selling your cleaning finds! Books, toys, decor, and pretty much anything that has value can be sold on eBay.
Become a blogger or vlogger!
This route will not happen overnight, and it’s going to take some serious unpaid time and dedication. However, if you remain consistent, it’s totally possible to become a blogger/vlogger! Bloggers will focus more on written content while vloggers will rely more on social media. Either way, pick a niche and stick to it consistently!
Here are some way you can get involved:
- Blogger.com is the OG of blogging content (hence the name). It is a free platform and offers tons of helpful features and tips to help you get started.
- WordPress can host pretty much any website. While it’s free, you have to purchase a hosting plan and domain name to get your site up and running.
- SquareSpace allows you to browse templates and a variety of tools to get your blog.
Here are some more creative ways to make money!